Renal Colic in Panama
What is renal colic in Panama?
Renal colic in Panama is severe pain in your lower back or sides. The pain is usually on one side, but may be on both sides of your lower back. Renal colic may start quickly, come and go, and become worse over time.
What causes renal colic in Panama?
Renal colic is caused by a blockage in your urinary tract. The urinary tract includes your kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. Ureters carry urine from your kidneys to your bladder. The urethra carries urine to the outside when you urinate. The most common cause of a blockage in the urinary tract is a kidney stone. Blood clots, ureter spasms, and dead tissue may also block your urinary tract.
What other signs and symptoms may occur with renal colic?
- Severe low back, abdominal, or groin pain
- Pain when you urinate
- Nausea and vomiting
- Feeling the need to urinate often, or right away
- Urinating less than what is normal for you, or not at all
How is renal colic diagnosed?
- Blood and urine tests may show infection or kidney function.
- An x-ray, ultrasound, CT, or MRI may show a kidney stone or other causes of your pain.
How to treat renal colic in Panama
- Medicines may help decrease pain and muscle spasms. You may also need medicine to calm your stomach and stop vomiting.
- Surgery may be needed to remove a blockage. Surgery may also be needed if your kidneys are not working properly.
When should I seek immediate care?
- You cannot stop vomiting.
- You see new or increased bleeding when you urinate.
- You are urinating less than usual, or not at all.
- Your pain is not getting better even after treatment.
When should I contact my healthcare provider?
- You have fever.
- You need to urinate more often than usual, or right away.
- You see a stone in your urine strainer after you urinate.