Male Incontinence in Panama
Incontinence, the loss of urine or bladder control, often affects men who have had nerve problems or prostate issues. Although incontinence is a treatable condition that may cause embarrassment, it can be managed with proper medical care.
Doctor Urena is an expert at diagnosing and treating Male Incontinence in Panama. He understands how sensitive bladder control problems can be for men, and offer a relaxed and private setting to evaluate patients and tailor customized treatment plans.
Risk Factors for Male Incontinence in Panama
Factors that contribute to an increased risk of developing Male Incontinence in Panama include:
- Advanced age
- Cigarette smoking
- Kidney disease
Causes of Male Incontinence in Panama
Male Incontinence in Panama can be caused by multiple factors including lifestyle habits, physical problems and medical conditions. Causes of temporary and persistent urinary incontinence include:
- Bladder irritation caused by infection, dietary irritants or stones
- Urinary tract infections
- Diseases and disorders of the nervous system
- Pelvic surgery
- Overactive bladder
- Weakness of certain muscles in the pelvis
- Weakness of the tissues holding the bladder in place
- Weakness of the sphincter muscles surrounding the urethra
- Birth defects
- Spinal cord injuries
- Enlarged prostate
- Prostate surgery
Types of Male Incontinence in Panama
Some men with urinary incontinence experience minor leaks of urine while others frequently wet their clothes. The following are types of incontinence:
- Stress urinary incontinence is leakage that occurs with activities that increase abdominal pressure such as coughing, sneezing, lifting, jumping and running.
- Urgency incontinence or overactive bladder is a sudden, strong urge to urinate that cannot be controlled.
- Mixed urinary incontinence is a combination of urge and stress incontinence.
- Overflow urinary incontinence happens when the bladder does not empty and the urine amount exceeds the bladder’s capacity. Frequent urination and leaking results.